The Space is an atmospheric, multi-purpose arts centre set in a delightful and architecturally significant 19th century Presbyterian church.
We are available for hire for arts events, rehearsals, film and photo shoots, conferences, Christmas parties, wedding receptions and more.
We provide an excellent and adaptable venue for a wide range of arts, business and social activities. If you want a location with character and the support of a friendly, expert in-house team, then the Space is for you.¬† We are a fully accessible building with Hubbub caf√©/bar attached and parking spaces available.
An ¬£800,000 complete restoration of our Grade II listed building was carried out in 1996, combining the best of the building’s distinctive features with the introduction of modern facilities.¬†Hirers have access to tables, chairs, PA system, lighting and a Steinway grand piano.
Together with our friends and excellent caterers, Hubbub, we can provide an all-in-one solution for your event requirements.
Prices (all prices are subject to VAT)
Artistic & Professional Hire
- – Performances: ¬£150 per performance on a straight hire basis. We also hold submissions for box office splits throughout the year. Please download our Arts Information Pack¬†for more information about our programming and bringing a show to us.
- – Rehearsals: ¬£15/hour, ¬£12/hour on block bookings
- – Workshops and Classes: ¬£20/hour
- – Conferences and Training Days: ¬£40/hour
Read more about artistic and professional¬†hire here.
- – 10am –¬†6pm: ¬£40/hour
- – 6pm-12am: ¬£70/hour
- – 12am-2am (Friday and Saturday only): ¬£100/hour.
Read more about private and function hire here.
- – Prices do not include set up time, so please add any hours necessary for set up and pack down¬†into your booking¬†period.
- – A staff member will be on site during all hire periods to provide assistance.
- – Hubbub Cafe/Bar hold the alcohol license to the premises, so all alcohol must be bought through them. Legally, we¬†cannot permit bringing your own alcohol. For their price list and contact information, please see www.hubbubcatering.co.uk.
- – There is no access to the onsite kitchen to hires, as this is the premises of Hubbub Catering and Cafe/Bar. If you would like to bring your own caterers or food for an event, we either recommend a cold buffet or food with insulated heating (e.g. burners, soup canteens). If you would prefer¬†hot food, Hubbub Catering can provide a delicious range of options. Their contact details are above.
- – A deposit of 50% must be paid in advance to secure a hire. All deposits are non-refundable.
For any questions not answered in the provided packs, or to enquire about availability, please¬†email Isabel Dixon at¬†email@example.com.